The truth about God and Jesus Christ being a literal father and son has become an agitated topic in the Seventh-day Adventism. Many who are realizing this amazing truth are becoming heart broken by the magnificent love that the father bestowed upon us while we were yet sinners in giving us his only begotten son. This son is not a son by creation as are the angels, not a son by adoption like we are, but a son begotten in heaven in earliest times according to the early Adventists.
The Truth about God
– Our pioneers wrote much about this topic and spoke about this amazing love of God in many of their writings which you may link to here:
Pioneers on the Trinity and the Truth about God- The conference church of Seventh Day Adventists has come to believe in a trinity and they have denounced those who hold fast the faith delivered to the saints as heretics. This is history repeating itself. Please be sure to view the pages that are dedicated to each pioneer of our faith. See More…
The Elijah Message – See the parralels of the Elijah Message and how today every type of the Elijah Message is fulfilled by the modern church today. And how the truth about God is the central message of Elijah. That like Israel in that day all Israel was ignorantly worshipping another God. See how this has happened again and that the stage is set for a showdown at Mount Carmel. See More…
Who is God? – Back in the day shortly after Christ, there were disputes regarding the truth about God, his identity and character of the Almighty God. Some of the Gentiles had many ideas regarding who God was. Paul, who wrote most of the books in the New Testament came to the Gentiles in Athens and noticed that they did not know what they were worshipping. The God they worshipped was a MYSTERY to them.
Foundation and Pillars of our Faith Changed: Have the pillars of our Seventh Day Adventist faith been changed? Many when they think of the pillars of the Seventh Day Adventist faith think of the Sanctuary and the three angels messages. These are the pillars of our faith. There is a truth that is seen in the sanctuary. The truth about God and his son are seen in the sanctuary. Fear God and give glory to him.
The Omega of deadly Heresies – This study documents the prediction of the Trinity entering into the Seventh Day Adventist Church. This was foresaw many years ago with such amazing accuracy that only God could have given such a prophecy. See More…
Also another study that goes over all the details of God, Christ and the Holy Spirit and how they relate to each other is documented here:
Ellen White on the Trinity and the truth about God – This study goes over the issue of what Ms. Whites understanding was in regards to God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. Did she believe that 3 beings were to be exalted or did she believe that “the father and son alone are to be exalted”? Did she believe Christ was a son before becoming a man? These and several other questions are answered in this study. See More…
Mystery of God Revealed – Is God’s identity a mystery? Learn the truth about God. Jesus prayed that we might know the only true God and Jesus Christ who God sent. Knowledge of God the father and his son Jesus Christ is the foundation of the bible. The devil seeks to mask God as an impersonal God that is called the ‘mystery of the trinity’ but what does the bible reveal? See More…
And also we have some other studies on the Spirit of Prophecy which go over this issue as well as several miscellaneous articles below.
The Comforter which is the Holy Spirit -This study goes over the truth about our comforter. Jesus Christ reveals himself by saying “I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you”(John 14:18)See More…
The Intercessor– This a reply to a pastor on how Christ is the one who maketh intercession for us. “It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”(Rom 8:34) See More…
The Person of the Spirit – Sister White wrote on several occasions that the Holy Spirit is ‘a person.’ Today, many take these statements as evidence that she thought that the Holy Spirit is another being like the Father and the Son, the third member of a Triune God. But are these texts really teaching a Trinity?
The Whore of Babylon – See an amazing study that not only reveals the identity of the Whore of Babylon but also reveals her characteristics and what they represent and lastly the God of Babylon. See More…
Michael the Archangel – This study documents the angel of the LORD throughout the Old Testament and how he makes intercession for Israel and how he spoke to many of our Patriarchs including Moses, Abraham and Jacob and finally stood in the fire with the 3 Hebrew boys. Then it goes over the quotes about the “archangel” and “Michael” and we see that there is one being that fits the bill and that Michael was the pre-incarnate “Prince of heaven” The son of the “Majesty on High” and his express likeness. See More…
Stay on the Ship – The saying in the Seventh Day Adventist conference church is often ‘stay on the ship, it’s going into harbor’. But this amazing study shows what was meant when Ellen White was saying ‘stay on the ship’. Fascinatingly the General Conference of SDA’s is no longer ‘on the ship’. See more…
Third Person of the Godhead – Ellen White has some seemingly hard to understand texts regarding the third person of the Godhead. See the context of these verses and how she is not teaching a trinity, and how others came to misunderstand her writings as well.
Christ begotten in Eternity – Christ the firstborn of heaven was begotten in eternity in the express image of God. This is a compilation of quotes from the pioneers of the Seventh Day Adventist Church regarding this matter. See More…
Latter Rain withheld because of a Whore’s Forehead – What is it that had caused no rain in Elijah’s day according to scriptures? The law tells us that if we follow other Gods there will be no rain in the seasons. In Elijah’s day, all Israel had gone after BAAL. An entire nation ignorant to the fact that they were worshipping the gods of the heathen. Has the very same thing happened today?
A Bible Study on the Trinity According to the Fundamental Beliefs of Seventh Day Adventists – The General Conference of Seventh Day Adventists in 1980 put out the 27 Fundamental Beliefs and over the years this was changed to 28 Fundamental Beliefs. This is not a detailed study on the Fundamental Beliefs. In this study we will examine Fundamental Beliefs #2 through #5 which deal with the doctrine of the Trinity. We will examine the scriptures referenced in Fundamental Beliefs.
Answering Evangelism Pages 615-617 – Answering Evangelism Page 615-617 Leroy Froom’s seemingly Trinitarian Collection of EGW writings. How many times have we seen these quotes. All apparently Trinitarian. All these quotes are actually non-trinitarian when we look carefully. Sadly so many are merely surface reading these quotes and not studying carefully.
The Deadliest Heresy in Seventh Day Adventism – A prophecy was given 100 years ago by Ellen G. White. It was called the “Omega of Deadly Heresies.” It was prophesied after a book was published by John Harvey Kellogg called “The Living Temple. God gave a warning to us that this omega of deadly heresies would follow. This was a certainty. Not a few would receive it who did not heed the warnings given with respect to the Alpha.
“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for THE faith which was once delivered unto the saints…” (Jude 3, 4) …The exhortation to contend for the faith delivered to the saints, is to us alone. And it is very important for us to know what for and how to contend. In the 4th verse he gives us the reason why we should contend for THE faith, a particular faith; “for there are certain men,” or a certain class who deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.… The way spiritualizers have disposed of or denied the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ is first using the old unscriptural Trinitarian creed, viz., that Jesus Christ is the eternal God, though they have not one passage to support it, while we have plain scripture testimony in abundance that he is the Son of the eternal God.” (James White, January 24, 1846,The Day Star)
Changing the Truth About God
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen
“This is the knowledge needed by all who are working for the uplifting of their fellow men. Transformation of character, purity of life, efficiency in service, adherence to correct principles, all depend upon a right knowledge of God. This knowledge is the essential preparation both for this life and for the life to come.
“A knowledge of God is the foundation of all true education and of all true service. It is the only real safeguard against temptation. It is this alone that can make us like God in character.”The knowledge of the Holy is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10. Through a knowledge of Him are given unto us “all things that pertain unto life and godliness.” 2 Peter 1:3. “This is life eternal,” said Jesus, “that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.” John 17:3. “[Ministry of Healing Page 409-410]
Difficult Texts on the Truth about God
- John Chapter 16:13, 14 – The comforter, who is this verse talking about?
- 1 John 5:20 – What is the truth about God in this verse. Looking at this verse we see the true God has a son. So he must be a father, not a Trinity
- 2 Corinthians Chapter 13:14 – This verse talks about God, Christ and the holy spirit. Only one being is referred to as God in this verse.
- Acts 5:3, 4 – Lieing to Gods spirit is akin to lieing to God himself. Is this God a trinity
- Hebrews Chapter 1:8 – Hebrews 1 talks about God speaking through his son. This God is a father, and he calls his son ‘god’. He also called them ‘gods unto whom he gave the scriptures'(John 10:35) Could this refer to Christ’s nature?
- Isaiah Chapter 43:10 – Isaiah 43:10 tells us there is only one God and none other but he. Paul says “There is one God the father”
- John Chapter 1:1 – The word was of substance and nature fully God, then the word was of substance and nature made flesh. This refers to the nature of Christ, not his identity. “To us there is but one God the father”(1Cor 8:6)
- John Chapter 8:58 – Jesus talks about coming in his fathers authority and name and speaking to Abraham and Moses.
- John 10:17 – Jesus is raised from the dead. He says this commandment recieved he of the father. So who raised Jesus?
- John Chapter 10:30 – Jesus said ‘I and my father are one’. This unity he desired to exist between his apostles when he said ‘that they may be one even as we are one'(John 17:11, 21-22). Jesus was not speaking of a 12 headed trinity but the unity that exists between God his father and himself.
- Matthew Chapter 28:19 – This verse discusses baptism of the apostles. Does it teach a trinity. Interestingly the title ‘God’ is not even used in this verse. The apostles never once baptized in this name.
- Phillipians Chapter 2:5-9 – Phillipians 2:5-9 goes over the issue of Christ and his form and nature. Christ was in the form of and equal with God. Was he the God he was equal with? Does this verse teach a trinity? Or does it teach Christ had God’s nature and that God is a father?
- 1 John Chapter 5:7 – There are three that bear record. Verse 10 says the record is that God is a father, not a trinity. Verse 10 also tells us many do not believe the record that God gave his son. Some believe God is not really a father”
- Genesis Chapter 1:26 – God said ‘let us’. Does this mean God was talking to himself? Is this teach us a trinity? Or maybe God is a single being who was talking to his son Jesus Christ. Maybe this verse is non-trinitarian. What does the bible teach us about the title ‘elohim'(God)?
- Isaiah Chapter 9:6 – Isaiah 9:6 tells us about ‘a son that is given’. This son is God’s son. Christ is made an ‘everlasting father’ over Israel and the children God gave him, the government is placed on his shoulders. The same was said of Eliakim son of Hilkiah in Isaiah 22:21. Is this telling us that Eliakim is part of a Trinity? Or is this verse non-trinitarian?
- Isaiah Chapter 44:6/Revelation 1:17 – The first and the last. Revelation 1:17 also mentions Chirst as the first and the last. Is this verse teaching us a trinity? Or is this verse actually non-trinitarian?”
- Matthew Chapter 3:16, 17 – Shows the father talking to his son. Is this verse teaching a trinity or is it non-trinitarian? Some have said because we see the spirit as a dove that means it is a person. Birds are known in scripture to be representative of angels.[Rev 18:3]
- Revelation Chapter 1:8 – It is believed by many that Revelation 1:8 is referring to Christ Jesus and many believe this verse proves a trinity. But a closer look at this verse reveals that this verse is speaking about our one God the almighty father and is actually a non-trinitarian verse.
- Romans Chapter 8:26 – Romans 8:26 talks about the holy spirit making intercession for us. The bible speaks of one being who makes intercession for us. We have one God and one mediator between us and God, the man Christ Jesus. Romans 8 talks about the intercession of Christ Jesus our high priest
- Titus Chapter 2:13 – The question is, should this verse be read to say, ‘the appearing of the great God who is our Saviour Jesus Christ,’ or should it be read as saying, ‘the appearing of the great God, as well as of our Saviour Jesus Christ?’ Does this verse teach a trinity or is this verse non-trinitarian?
- Isaiah Chapter 48:11 – Many say this verse teaches us that Jesus Christ is God and that Isaiah 48:11 is talking about a Trinity. But we take a closer look at this issue and the bible reveals that this verse is non-trinitarian and is not talking about the trinity at all.
- John Chapter 20:28 Thomas says to Jesus ‘my Lord and my God’. Some say that Thomas is calling Jesus his God. Is this verse Trinitarian. This page takes a look at this verse and reveals some amazing things about our ‘one God the father and one Lord Jesus Christ’1 Cor 8:6 and shows that this verse does not teach a trinity.
- Micah Chapter 5:2 – is often used to prove a trinity. But looking closely at this text we see that it teaches us that Christ had an origin in heaven. This verse teaches us that he came out from God and is the son of the eternal God and is non-trinitarian.
- Hebrews Chapter 11:17 – This verse is used to prove that Christ was not the literal begotten son of God. It refers to Abraham and Isaac, but when taking a closer look, God shows us much more regarding the relationship of Him and His Son.
Ellen White Seemingly Trinitarian Statements
- Heavenly Trio context quote in it’s context, then it is reread again with brackets added to see if it is actually teaching a Trinity. Seems this quote is actually anti-trinitarian and teaching a non-trinitarian view as it was spoken in regards to a heresey that John Harve Kellogg had adopted.
- Three great worthies and three holiest beings. Is this Ellen White? There is a reason why this quote does not deserve any creedence. She never taught a trinity in 1000’s of pages of writings. Her family was non-trinitarian. Why?
- Original, unborrowed, underived life – In Christ is life original, unborrowed, underived. Man can posess this life as it is the life that flows from God to his only begotten son and is given to whomsoever he willeth. Some have thought that this statement teaches Christ had no beginning. But this original, unborrowed, underived life can be possessed by men.
- Christ is not God in personality – But yet he is God in respect to his form, substance and nature which he possessed from his father. His father is the only true God.
- Holy Spirit a person as much as God is a person – This quote says ‘God is a person’. This seems to be non-trinitarian as well. Since Trinitarians teach that ‘God is three persons’.
- Eternal Dignitaries of the Trinity – Eternal Dignitaries of the Trinity – Ellen White – Evangelism ‘God’ is distinct from his son, and his spirit in this quote. This to me indicates that the title ‘God’ in this quote refers to the father alone. I don’t think that we can read into this quote’God the father, son and holy spirit, and Christ and the Holy Spirit’. The title God refers alone to the father in this quote and as far as can be seen in not Trinitarian at all.
- Third Person of the Godhead – Ellen White has some seemingly hard to understand texts regarding the third person of the Godhead. See the context of these verses and how she is not teaching a trinity, and how others came to misunderstand her writings as well.
- The term “Godhead” in the SOP – Many today are using the term ‘godhead’ to mean ‘God’. Some have tried to replace the term ‘trinity’ with ‘godhead’. But the truth is: God has a ‘Godhead’. “The Godhead” is a characteristic of “God”. Notice in the following verse that his ‘Godhead’ is clearly seen in the things made.
- The Three Great Powers – The three great powers of heaven, God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. To us there is but one God the father. Is this teaching a trinity, or is it actually non-trinitarian.
- Nature of the Holy Spirit a Mystery – The following is the original quote Ellen White made concerning the mystery of the Holy Spirit which is often quoted in Acts of the Apostles, p 52. Brother Chapman was holding to a view that the identity of the Holy Spirit was Gabriel and was not being sent out to preach because he did not agree that the Comforter is Christ. Ellen White told brother Chapman to come into harmony with the brethren.
- The Godhead was Stirred with Pity – The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave Themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption. Does this text teach us that God is a Trinity? Let’s look carefully and see who is identified as God, who is identified as Christ, and what the Godhead is.
Book – Putting the Pieces Together – Harmonizing Seemingly Hard to Understand Quotes from Ellen Whites writings on the topic of the Godhead.
(1) “the heavenly Trio”
(2) “there never was a time”
(3) “life, original, unborrowed, underived”
(4) “eternal heavenly dignitaries”
(5) “as much a person”
(6) “Holy Spirit is a person”
(7) “third person of the Godhead”
(8) “three highest powers”
(9) “gave themselves”
(10) “three holiest beings”
(Dr. Kellogg & the Trinity)
(How many divine beings?)
Book – The Godhead in Black and White – This book help to shed light on this most wondrous, and much maligned, truth of God.
1) The Early Years 1827-1862
2) The Progressive Years 1862-1876
3) The Lonely Years 1876-1891
4) The Australian Years 1891-1900
5) The Crisis Years 1900-1905
6) The Final Years 1905-1915
Appendix – (Dr. Kellogg & the Trinity)